31 August 2007

The Itchy Butt

The heat wave continues unabated. Ed worked from home to avoid the pre-Labor Day traffic (which is supposed to be thrice as bad as ever due to an impending Bay Bridge closure – for the entire weekend. The prediction is that Highway 101 through Marin will be a parking lot for three days.) as did LB. At mid-day LB joined me at the pool, she reading and doing the respite thing in the sun and shade, dabbling her toes in the water from time to time for a cool off while I swam a mile. (Yes, a stellar, fabulous, exhausting mile!) I’m going to have to start putting on sun screen because the freckles on my face are darkening and it reminds me of when I was an awkward kid.

Coming home I made Ed fetch me ice cream while I reposed in the back cottage in the cool breeze of the air conditioner and surfed the internet for nothing whatsoever. And then I went and picked up some leave-in hair conditioner to hopefully combat the effects of chlorine and since I was out, you know, a slice of pizza – which just made me hungry for the left over chicken enchilada in the fridge so of course I popped that in the microwave. Which all was chaser to the ice cream sandwich which started it all off before leaving the pool. And I act all mystified and bewildered when I get heartburn. Ha! (Yeah, hmmm… wherever is all this weight coming from, eh?)

LB’s coming over shortly, we’re taking our evening hike a little later in the evening in hopes of escaping the heat. Ms Honey Bee didn’t get a walk at all yesterday (way too hot) and today we’re leaving far later than normal… she likely presumes I’ve abandoned her needs as she’s looking rather despondent and forgotten at my feet. And little does she know she’s getting a bath when we return this evening… she’s got what we call “the itchy butt.”

I’m quite happy to report that I actually had a fairly decent night’s sleep last night. All is good is Zuzuland.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mostly I'm glad to hear that the itchy butt thing was related to Secret.

Zuzu said...

We bathed her with Head and Shoulders shampoo and scrubbed her back side but good.... but she's still become the kind of dog who wants her butt scritched. Makes me feel like a bad dog mom... like her skin's so itchy and we're not doing something to alleviate the itch. - ZuMe

Sandyz said...

I have been reading about your heat wave right in the middle of ours. Good grief with the "heat" outside and heated moments inside my life is hell. Less than a month now and the auction will take place, soon after I am heading south. Back to more heat. Am I nuts or not? Hope your pup enjoyed his bath, and glad you are back to swimming. I plan to join the Y when I get to Florida, and swim, swim, swim. My thoughts are with you my friend. Sandyz

Anonymous said...

lol scratchy ass. look at you all glowing with the expectation. Gosh I miss you. I'd like to talk to you about this migration thing. Cause I don't wnat my years of entries to leave, and I want to be on the zuzuteam again. Love, love, love ya!

storm-shadow said...

Thanks. The itchy butt thing happens to 5-Pound Phooey a lot. Unfortunately, this moment brings about protest because she will no longer walk but sit down on the ground for some sort of relief.