08 October 2004

Drive By

Cassie did a drive by lasagna yesterday. When I arrived home from my doctor’s appointment in The City to be slammed by deadlines, frazzled and preoccupied with the magnitude of work before me, there before me, as opposed to a magnitude of work, was one of Cassie’s lasagna’s – sitting in a box in the car port.

I must pause and give thanks. It was unexpected. It was perfect, I mean the most perfect thing anyone could have done for me yesterday.

The world has been spinning around, I can’t seem to catch my breath and then out of the blue there’s this amazing food, made with love and it’s not only the nourishment – it just saved me over an hour I would have spent cooking and there just wasn’t a better gesture of kindness, friendship or even help anyone could have extended. It was just perfect, at the right time and it filled me with tears and joy all at once. She’s the bomb.

I don’t love her because she makes the best lasagna on the planet – but let’s just say it doesn’t hurt (grin.)

((Thank you so much, honey. I love you dearly!))

No comments: