18 November 2006

Yawn

Greetings from Baltimore. Indeed the real fun begins tomorrow. Yesterday the conference was interesting. I slept through the morning sessions for the jet lag and the delayed flight due to inclement weather. The afternoon was stellar, however.

Today I holed away in the hotel room and struggled over my presentation for tomorrow. Why it’s taking me so long to pull my thoughts together is beyond me. By the early evening, however, I’d tugged and pulled and braced my weight into it and I think I put the finishing touches on it. I’ll leave it until the morning, find some coffee and review it one more time before printing it out (somehow) and turning it in.

I’ve been looking over the schedule for when I might sneak away to the aquarium or evening wander the waterfront for an hour or two. I feel so stagnant and stifled when I travel. Tomorrow is a big day – presenting a special lecture and later saying words at the awards banquet for one of the two awardees. After that I can sit back and just soak it in and perhaps learn something.

Okay… I’m not very exciting.

No comments: