17 September 2004

Prayer and Consequences

I remember reading recently that salvation, the Lord being there now and at the hour of our deaths, is a freebie – there for the taking for all who ask. One would think I’d spend a little more time meditating on salvation – to not be alone in the world now or when I die. Nope, I use up my karma points with Mr. Big on work deadlines. What’s up with that? That’s why it’s embarrassing – it feels so secular, material, menial. As though my work deadlines are of interest or consequence to some Supreme Radiant Being. Honestly, I would hope that He or She gave more attention to things like starvation, disease, poverty and violence. But I don’t want to sound ungrateful either. For any and all assistance You provided me to get these rather fiercely out of control deadlines to step back in formation a bit, I am grateful, humbled and thankful.

Ah.. and next posting I’ll be sure to concentrate more on my lament of turning forty. You know, it’s on my list, lament turning 40. Eventually I’ll get around to it.. heh.

No comments: