16 February 2004

Know Thyself

I have seen myself. What’s emerging in the wake of shuffling off this mortal addiction must give us pause. It’s not me. Whoever this is, it’s not me yet. I have historically appreciated myself and this part-time monster who is me is somewhat of an annoyance. I come to the sloppy conclusion that it’s down to me to address this little problem I call myself.

I like to break a problem down into its parts. Some contend I can’t see the forest for the trees with this kind of approach. I say if you don’t look carefully you’ll miss the little gems, the hidden mushrooms and the first wild flowers of the season and it’s these private moments of discovery – well.. for me that’s what it’s all about.

I sit with my problems. Yes. Where others would have floated away, I sit masticating the moment. I will solve this puzzle and I’ll be the wiser!

No comments: