06 October 2002

Mean Food

“I don’t eat tofu,” I told her. “I think Tofu is Soylent Green.”

“Soil and green?” She asked.

“No. Soylent Green. S-O-Y-L-E-N-T.”

“It’s bean curd,” she says. “It’s a soy product.”

“No. No. Soylent Green. Like Soylent Green is people.

She looked at me puzzled.

“Anyway,” I went on. “I don’t like tofu. And I don’t like sprouts either.”

“Yeah,” she said, “I don’t understand sprouts.”

“Spider legs,” I replied. “Sprouts are like eating spider legs.”

We both agreed green peppers were terrible. They corrupt everything.

4 comments:

titration said...

LOL. This is a very funny conversation. Who was it with?

Zuzu said...

A friend who I endearingly refer to as LB when she's mentioned here.

titration said...

That's even more funny. I asked because it sounded like a conversation you'd have with a little kid.

Anonymous said...

I only eat tofu in Tai food when it is fried (bad), otherwise, I'm not a fan. However, sprouts rule, especially sunflower sprouts and buckwheat sprouts, and peas sprouts. It is the food of the revolution! When the shit hits the fan, like a huge ass earthquake or power outages, it'll be the people who know how to sprout stuff, and eat it, that'll be ok.

Fondly,

Sprout loving Indigo